Saturday, May 5, 2012

Should I tip the girl that washes my hair in a salon?

I am a man and when I get a haircut, the stylist has a young girl that washes the hair of the customers. Should I tip her? I say no, but I am open this up for some discussion. I maintain that the girl washing the hair is doing the stylist a favor that allows the stylist to cut more hair in a given amount of time. I say that the stylist should take care of the wash girl out of my tip to her. By the way I tip the stylist $5 on a $15 haircut. If I decide to tip the wash girl, how much would be acceptable? Should I deduct it from the stylist tip? It only takes 5 minutes at the most to wash my hair.



Should I tip the girl that washes my hair in a salon?

I had always been under the impression that the girl who washes should be tipped seperately. I usually give them between $2 to $5 depending on the cost of the hairstyling.



Think about it this way, if the haircut cost $15, 10% of that would be $1.50. Your haircut would not be the same if you didn't wash it, so is $1 to $5 all that much? Besides, I think the washing part is the best since it usually feels so good. Makes it worth the dollar to me!



Should I tip the girl that washes my hair in a salon?

I would hope that the stylist gives the wash girl a portion of the tip. The next time you get a haircut, ask the stylist if she does. If she doesn't, then I would give a dollar or two to the wash girl and reduce the tip to the stylist.



Should I tip the girl that washes my hair in a salon?

i think you should tip her. it lets her know that you appreciate her and maybe she'll use a special conditioner next time or give you a nice head massage...then again its just a nice gesture :)



Should I tip the girl that washes my hair in a salon?

It would be nice if u did

No comments:

Post a Comment