Monday, May 7, 2012

Hair stylists/barbers?

Why is it the person cutting my hair always ask me questions like "Do you want the back tapered or blocked" or "What size guage should I use on the sides"



I DON'T KNOW......I don't cut hair for a living.......



Why don't they just make suggestions?



If you bring your car to my shop for work I don't ask what torque setting to use.



Hair stylists/barbers?

I'm a stylist! And I know what you mean... most of the time I don't ask this, but with some customers are so used to having their hair cut with a particular gaurd that if you use anything else, they get upset. I also find that a lot of parents just flat out tell me what to use, and don't let me make suggestions. Just tell your stylist you'd rather them use their expertise!



Hair stylists/barbers?

hairdressers ask "opened ended " questions just to get the ball rolling we like to know how you like your hair cut because hair is personal opinions...but what i ask is how long has it been since youve had a haircut that gives me a better idea of how the client likes it done so next time you sit in the chair just tell the stylist how long its been since youve had a haircut %26amp; what you liked %26amp; didnt like about your last one



Hair stylists/barbers?

isn't there only one setting that is good for the car?



not one cut is good for each person.



we still want to know how you like to have it - even if it doesn't look good. we can tell you what will look good if you would like. just let us know.



"can you give me any suggestions? i don't know exactly how i want it." will take you FAR.



just look at it from a different angle.



Hair stylists/barbers?

The reason we ask, is that most people have a particular way they like to have their hair done. If we just picked up and started cutting the way we saw fit, many clients would have a fit.



When your stylist asks the question, tell him/her to use their best judgement, and if you are always getting asked this, try to get the same stylist each time, they will get used to you and you're hair, and won't need to ask anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment