Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How can I learn to cut my own hair?(books, web etc) It's very thick and frizzy. Stylists rarely

I have very thin and frizzy hair. Here are some links[%26amp;%26amp;]books:



http://www.stretcher.com/stories/04/04ma...



http://www.howtodothings.com/fashion-and...



http://www.wikihow.com/Layer-Cut-Your-Ow...



http://nhnh.essortment.com/howtocutyou_r...



http://www.instructables.com/id/EVX8RRZF...



http://hair-care.suite101.com/article.cf...



How to Cut Your Own Or Anybody Else's Hair



by Bob Bent - Health %26amp; Fitness - 1983



Step-by-step illustrated instructions for short, layered, long, and one-length cuts are



provided together with tips on cutting children's straight and curly...



How to Cut and Style Your Own Hair Or Anyone Else's: The Easy Way!



by Ken Lange, Louis Anthony ViVenzio - 1983 - Find libraries



Haircutting; Hairdressing



How can I learn to cut my own hair?(books, web etc) It's very thick and frizzy. Stylists rarely do a good job.

www.34stylees.com/cutable/weeld/gdomesal...



How can I learn to cut my own hair?(books, web etc) It's very thick and frizzy. Stylists rarely do a good job.

wat u can do is use conditioner when u wash it to give it volume and straighten it also for a sleek look. if u dont wanna do that, seventeen magazine usually gives hairstyles u can do by urself at home.



How can I learn to cut my own hair?(books, web etc) It's very thick and frizzy. Stylists rarely do a good job.

there are electrical cutting tool kits you can buy and cutting combs that can be used as guide are included. if you already know the basics of hair cutting you may try it at your own risk, but you probably want a friend who knows how to cut hair to help you the first few times. i wouldn't dare to cut my own hair cos its hard to recover



How can I learn to cut my own hair?(books, web etc) It's very thick and frizzy. Stylists rarely do a good job.

What You Need



You'll need a quiet, comfortable place with a big mirror (bathroom or bedroom), good lighting, a spray bottle of water, a hand mirror, hair clips, time, patience, plus a comb and sharp pair of scissors. Sharp scissors are important, as dull scissors will result in a dull cut.



Prepare Your Hair



It's easier to cut slightly damp hair, as opposed to completely wet. Cutting wet hair (especially bangs) can result in a too-short style. It is also easier to cut clean hair. When you are ready, slightly dampen your hair with a spray bottle of water. If your hair dries as you're cutting, re-spray as needed.



Be Patient



Remember, it is better to cut too little than too much, and don't try to rush.



Single Length Hair



Hair that is one length all the way around is a straightforward trim. Just follow the procedure for bangs (below), snipping the same amount off your ends in small sections. When you're finished trimming, comb or brush to your usual style and check the back with a hand mirror.



Bangs



For multi-length hair, start with your bangs. Comb them straight, being careful not to include side hairs. Next, take your bangs between your index and middle fingers and pull them down until a line of about 1/4-inch of hair is showing. Carefully trim approximately half of that (1/8-inch) all the way across. Check the length and repeat if necessary.



Don't try to trim too much length at once. Holding shorter lengths for cutting (1/4-inch) keeps the hairs firmly in place as you cut.



You can make the line of your bangs less blunt-looking by diagonally cutting the tips of a few strands of hair across your bangs. But, only cut a few. Be careful not to overdo.



Sides and Layers



The next step is your layers, if any, and the side angles of your hair. If you have layers all over, you will be following them, top to bottom, front to back. If your hair is all one length except for the side angles, you will be working along the sides of your style only, front to back.



Choose a top layer or side piece of hair approximately the same size and thickness as you did for your bangs. This smaller amount is easiest to work with. If you try to hold and cut too much at once, the result will be uneven. Remember that you want to follow your original lengths.



You will be able to pick out layers of similar lengths by using your comb as a guide and holding the hairs between your index and middle fingers, as you did with your bangs. Slide your fingers down to leave a fairly straight line of 1/4-inches showing. Then, like your bangs, trim approximately 1/8-inch all the way across. For side angles, follow the same technique, being sure to angle your index and middle fingers to follow the angle of your hair.



This is where hair clips come in handy. As you are trimming the higher layers or lengths first, use a clip to keep each finished section up and out of the way.



The Back



Dealing with the back of your hair might seem tricky, but you'll get the hang of it. Take your time, make use of your hand mirror, and work patiently in sections, as above, clipping them up as you go.



When you're satisfied that you've trimmed all you need to trim, style your hair as usual (re-dampen and use a product on your hair, if you normally do). Voila! A fresh cut and no money spent.



hope it helps!



How can I learn to cut my own hair?(books, web etc) It's very thick and frizzy. Stylists rarely do a good job.

Hi Cas,



Well while its very difficult to cut one's own hair, it is possible. I am a retired hairdresser, and I cut my own hair. I get a mirror, and hold it in front of me, while looking in it at the mirror behind me..... I then deciede how much to cut, and I am right handed, so I wet my hair, and comb out a strand about 1" in diameter. And cut. snip snip....and continue across the bottom, for the length...checking in both mirror's,,,,then I use a pair of thinning shears and start at the crown, and just cut....and wherever it feels the thickest,,,,and continue around the crown. Eventully you run out of hair to cut. Then I leave the bangs for last.... cuz I try to save the hardest for last. Once the line is in place for the length ya want em at, then I pick em up and measure them using my comb. Then I layer em' for fullness .... It takes time. but it can be done....



Not sure this helps you,,,but its how I cut my own hair ...and have been cutting it for over 30 years....



How can I learn to cut my own hair?(books, web etc) It's very thick and frizzy. Stylists rarely do a good job.

How to Cut Your Own Hair



http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-gnA4Lmo_b...

No comments:

Post a Comment