Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I can't get my hair to look the way it did when I left the salon?

I just got a new hair cut last night. I was so happy when I left and it was super adorable. I loved how it was styled and the cut itself. I watched what the stylist did to my hair and now, no matter what I do, I cannot duplicate what she did to my hair and I am starting to hate the haircut because of it. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do, short of getting another hair cut.



I can't get my hair to look the way it did when I left the salon?

* Choose The right hair dryer to Redo your hairstyle:



When it comes to selecting a hair dryer, cost isn't everything. Rather than buying the most expensive dryer(or the cheapest!), consider the health and texture of your hair, says Victor. If your hair is fine and wispy or is damaged, you don't need a dryer that offers lots of volume or heat 閳?in fact, such dryers will just cause knots and tangles. For fine hair, Victor recommends the Solis 401, $180, or other dryers with low wattage and heat.



On the other hand, if you have thick, coarse or curly hair, you'll want a high-performance dryer. "The Supersolano X($200)is the Ferrari of blow-dryers," says Victor. You'll have your hair dry in no time with its 1,875 watts and multiple heat and speed settings!



Blow-dry tip: For the sleekest blow-dry, use heat on a section of hair to dry it, then use the cool setting to hold the style.



* Tourmaline flat iron:



Flat irons have destroyed many a healthy head of hair. "So many women have embraced that very straight look. The flat iron is used after almost every time these women wash their hair, and the end result is hair so damaged it's hard to get it healthy again," says Victor. For those of us who crave stick-straight locks, he recommends using tourmaline technology. "The [tourmaline] stone uses infrared heat that penetrates the hair much faster than your normal flat iron 閳?it's 25 per cent more efficient," he says. This means your hair needs less time passing through the damage-causing heated clamp. Tip: Don't let any heated hair appliance be in contact with your hair for too long. "If you notice white steam coming off the hair, it's just burning water," says Victor. "But if it's dark smoke, you're burning your hair's protein, which means you're causing damage."



Two models to try are the 2 ISI Max, $200, which displays the temperature on a digital screen, and the Babyliss Pro TT(BTM3558C), $140, which allows you to adjust the temperature with a manual knob(known as a reostat dial). Both give you control over the amount of heat that comes into contact with your hair.



* Natural-haired bristle brush



Firm, dark in colour and usually made out of boar bristles(don't worry: the boar isn't killed, just shaved), these brushes can often provide the much-needed slip, grip and polish that Victor is adamant about. Slip(based on bristle type)refers to the ease with which the brush moves through your hair; grip(staggering of bristles)is how the brush effortlessly holds the hair when you turn it; and polish is how the brush leaves your hair. You can get a good-quality brush for about $30(try the Hercules Sagemann brush, $30).



One of Delineation's best sellers is the Mason Pearson Handy Bristle brush, $140. It's pricey since it's made by hand and uses Asian boar hair for the best brushing experience. Many different styles are available, so you'll be sure to find one that's right for your hair type. Softer bristles are best for fine hair, while a mix of strong boar and nylon bristles suits those with thick or curly hair. There's even a brush with flexible bristles for sensitive scalps! "For a brush to do its job, the bristles need to be stronger than the hair you're working on," says Victor.



ohh.. maybe this will help:



http://en.chatelaine.com/english/style/a...



http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...



http://www.helium.com/tm/680655/always-s...



http://www.ehow.com/how_2060244_style-ha...



http://www.nexxus.com/expert_hair_care_a...



I can't get my hair to look the way it did when I left the salon?

Honey its because your beautician is a magician! lol Thats what I've been told. Just go see her again and ask her if she will show you how to style it and to let you try.



I can't get my hair to look the way it did when I left the salon?

The best thing to do is, next time your in the salon ask lots and lots of questions.



like every product they put on your hair ask them what it is, how much it is and whether you can purchase it in the salon.



Also watch how they move your hair, the hand actions and lifting and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment